In this blog I'll share what I have learned over the years about drawing and painting. My processes creating illustrations, visual development and concept art. I'll share thoughts, techniques and ideas that have worked for me in my career as an illustrator. I hope they inspire , and work for you too!

woensdag 29 februari 2012

Using the Gamut mask


On this website you can find a GAMUT tool. You can choose different types of color wheels, play around with values, and cut any shape in the mask. LINK
In his book 'Color ans light' James Gurney explains the gamut mask a lot better than I do LINK
For anyone interested in very detailed information on color and light,check out this LINK

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Heel goed :) ik heb zelf de boek 'Color and Light' Maar de website met de 'GAMUT tool' is erg handig!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you indeed for sharing this great link! I could not find such a tool in an analogical form at my local art store, only very limited things, so this is great to have such a very flexible version online!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen